Lowe’s will close 51 of inefficient store in North America — 20 in the U.S. and 31 in Canada. The representatives of the company said today, 5 November.
The closure is part of the new strategy, during which Lowe’s will focus on the most profitable stores.
Lowe’s is an American retailer that owns a network of shops selling goods for the home. The company was founded in 1946 in North Wilkesboro (NC).
«While these decisions are never easy, closing underperforming stores is a necessary step as we focusareas on creating a stronger business,» said President and CEO of Lowe’s Marvin R. Ellison.
Ellison took office in may 2018, and before that was CEO of another well-known chain stores — J. C. Penney.
Inefficient stores will be closed until 1 February 2019. Prior to that, all following points will be big sales:
- 1100 Bankhead Hwy SW (Graysville, al);
- 26501 Aliso Creek Rd. (Aliso Viejo, CA);
- 13300 Jamboree Rd. (Irvine, CA);
- 720 Dubuque Ave. (South San Francisco, CA);
- 750 Newhall Dr. (San Jose, CA);
- 48 Boston Post Rd. (Orange, CT);
- 1333 Schaefer Rd. (Granite City, Illinois);
- 7735 Grand Ave. (GURNEE, Il);
- 6221 US Hwy 6 (Portage, Indiana);
- 5770 Read Blvd. (New Orleans, La);
- 599 Thomas Burgin Parkway (Quincy, MA);
- 4274 E Court St. (Burton, Mi);
- 2100 T. A. Mansour Blvd. (Flint, Michigan);
- 2015 Bassett Dr. (Mankato, Mn);
- 11974 Paul Mayer Ave. (Missouri, Montana);
- 3180 N Hwy 67 (Florissant, MT);
- 2008 Broadway (New York);
- 635-641 6th Ave. (New York);
- 250 South Conestoga Dr. (Shippensburg, PA);
- 3500 W Airport Fwy (Irving, TX).