Thousands of owners of green cards in the U.S. will have to send them back to immigration

From may 14, 2018 Service citizenship and immigration USA (U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS) will withdraw approximately 8 543 card permanent resident (green card) because of an error in their release.

Green card was released with the wrong date and sent by mail from February to April 2018. The opinion applies to cards issued after approval of form I-751 form (for spouses of American citizens).

Service citizenship and immigration will notify everyone who received the incorrect green card, and their attorneys, if any.

All of whom will receive a notification within 20 days must return a green card in the provided USCIS paid envelope. The document can be returned directly to the local branch of the USCIS.

After you return the card with the wrong date, the Agency will send you the correct document within 15 days. Opinion green card will not affect the status of their owners as a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

If you will need to make an international trip, can contact the contact centre at tel: USCIS 800-375-5283 — they tell us what to do.

We will remind, spouses of U.S. citizens can apply for naturalization after 3 years the status of «permanent resident».