Every year USCIS publishes detailed instructions: how to apply for participation in the Diversity Visa lottery. Fill the form correctly is extremely important, because this year it will be impossible to correct errors. Carelessness is likely to cause your application disqualifiziert. 3 October 2018 registration. Things to remember when filling out this form?
What you need to know about Diversity Visa Lottery 2020
In the financial year 2020 will be available for 50 thousand green cards. This is good news, because in recent years, experts have called every last lottery, and literally until the last days of September we were not sure: start the new DV.
The state Department selects winners randomly as always. Visas are allocated annually to participants in six geographic regions and no single country may receive more than 7% of DV in one year. The country from which immigrated to the United States more than 50 thousand people in 5 years will also be excluded from the lottery participants. The DV-2020 will not admit people from: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its controlled territories, and Vietnam. Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible for participation.
Applicants should meet simple, but strict requirements.
Requirements for applying for participation in the lottery green card:
When to apply?
Those wishing to participate in the lottery should submit applications for DV-2020 in electronic form on dvlottery.state.gov as of noon (EDT) (GMT-4) Wednesday, 3 October 2018, and not later than 12:00 (EST) (GMT-5) Tuesday 6 November 2018.
The state Department recommends not to delay the application. In the last week, as a rule, the registration website operates in the loaded mode, which can lead to delays. The same can be said about the early days. Last year, the first filed application was rejected, and the appointment time was removed because of the bug of system. Everyone who sent them in this period had the opportunity to serve again. Be sure to follow any updates for a green card until the application process is not over.
Who was late — he was late. In 12 hours on 6 November, the reception will be closed, do not attempt to send after that, their applications and don’t forget that registration is only available online, paper statements will not be considered.
Remember! The law allows only one application per person per year. Re-forms will be cause for disqualification prior to the next draw.
How to fill out the electronic form for the DV-2020
- Form E-DV or DS-5501 can be filled online at: dvlottery.state.gov.
- All claims must be submitted free of charge.
- Before you begin to fill out the form on the website, be sure to verify that you have the latest version of the browser.
- The Department of state strongly recommends that you complete the application form yourself, without a «visa consultant,» «visa agent,» or other facilitator. But if someone helps, be sure to be there, make sure all items are filled out correctly.
- After you send out (properly filled in) form, you will see a confirmation screen with your name and a unique confirmation number.
- Important! Save the confirmation page and a unique number. Without this information you will not be able to access the online system to check the registration status.
- Starting from may 7, 2019, you’ll be able to check the application status dvlottery.state.gov. Click «Check membership status» and then enter your unique confirmation number and personal information.
- Make sure that the account email specified in the entry E-DV, you will be able to use in 2019.
What information to provide?
Name — surname, name, patronymic, as indicated in the passport.
Gender — male/female.
Birth date — day, month, year.
The city where they were born.
The country where they were born (the name of the country, which is currently used for place of birth).
The country from which the application is filed for DV.
Photos — a recent photograph (not older than six months), the spouse (spouse) and children.
Photos of the spouse (spouse) or child, if they are already U.S. citizens or permanent residents, are not needed.
Your application disqualifiziert if photos do not meet certain standards or you attach a photo from last year’s filings.
(Destination/City/District/Country /Province /State/postcode )
The country in which you live in the moment.
Phone number (optional).
Email address to which you still will have access in may next year.
The level of education you have achieved to date. You have to choose one of the following options:
only primary education, incomplete secondary education, secondary education, specialized secondary education (vocational school), incomplete higher education, higher education (bachelor’s degree), master’s degree, master’s degree, postgraduate studies, degree of candidate or doctor of Sciences.
not married, married, spouse (husband or wife) is not a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (LPR), married spouse (wife) is a U.S. citizen or LPR of the United States, divorced, widow/widower legally separated.
Enter the name, date of birth, gender, city of birth and country of birth of the spouse (spouse), attach a photo, if you are married or not separated officially. If you do not provide your spouse (wife) or made in the application who is legally they (it) is not, you disqualifiziert.
Legal separation is an agreement where a married couple remains married, but lives separately by the court.
The number of children. Specify the name, date of birth, gender, city of birth and country of birth of all unmarried children under the age of 21 regardless of whether they live with you and intend to immigrate to the United States. Provide photographs of each of your children.
Make sure that you have specified:
- all living biological children;
- all living adopted/adopted children;
- all foster children under the age of 21 and unmarried at the time of application — regardless of married/are you married their parent, whether the child lives with you and is planning to immigrate with you.
Very often problems arise because of wrong format of the submitted photos. So you are not disqualified, make sure that photo:
- In focus.
- The correct size (so his head was between 1 inch to 13/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the total height of the image).
- Made in the last 6 months.
- On a white background.
- Filmed in the FAS, face to the camera.
- With a neutral expression and open eyes.
- In the clothes you usually wear.
- Uniforms are not allowed except religious clothing.
- Do not wear a hat, handkerchief or bandage, which concealed the hair if they are not worn daily for religious reasons.
- Your face must be clearly visible.
- Your photo is unacceptable headphones, wireless hands-free device or similar objects.
- Do not wear glasses.
- If you wear a hearing aid or similar items, they can be left on photos.
- Photos copied or scanned in digital form of a driver’s license or other official documents, is unacceptable.
- Pictures from magazines, self-portraits or low-quality photos on a mobile phone, a full-sized unacceptable.
You will need to upload a digital picture.
Requirements for the digital image:
- In JPEG format (.jpg).
- The file of size less than 240 KB (kilobytes).
- In a square aspect ratio (height must equal width).
- Size 600 × 600 pixels.
If you scan an existing photo, it must be:
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm).
- Scanned at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (12 pixels per millimeter).
Use a free photo editor for:
- select a digital image on your computer;
- resize and rotate;
- if you need to crop the photo to a square image: 600 x 600 pixels.
Now States can reject the application for a visa or Green Card without the chance to correct the error
The new rules entered into force on 11 September and apply to all requests and petitions from this number.