Mother killed year-old daughter, rubbing heroin on her gums, so she slept better

The mother of the deceased was arrested in connection with the death of one-year-old girls. Presumably the woman repeatedly gave the child a small dose of heroin to help her to fall asleep.

Kimberly Nelligan (33) from Bangor in Maine is accused of being rubbed addictive narcotic substance in the gums of his daughter. Just 2 months before the child’s death on 10 October 2018 it has done so about 15 times, according to court materials obtained by the Bangor Daily News.

Nelligan was arrested on Tuesday in connection with girl’s death after almost one year after her death. In the medical examiner’s office the man said that the cause of death was acute fentanyl poisoning.

Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is approximately 50-100 times stronger than morphine. It is prescribed to relieve very severe pain. Fentanyl is sometimes illegally mixed with heroin to increase the «euphoric effect», according to the Centers for control and prevention of diseases of the United States.

Kimberly Nelligan, 33, was arrested Tuesday charged with endangering the welfare of her 1-year-old daughter who died last year after being exposed to fentanyl.

— Beth McEvoy (@bethmcevoynews) September 18, 2019

During the first interrogation, the police Nelligan denied the use of heroin. But later, as stated in the police records, she admitted that he used the drug once a week for two months before the death of her daughter.

The woman’s husband told police that in the months it about 15 times witnessed as she rubs some heroin in the gums of her daughter, adding that the child had trouble sleeping.

In addition, the child’s mother allegedly told the husband to give her daughter the heroin that is common practice, as it gave the drug its 2 older children when they were younger.

Now Nelligan charged with leaving the child in danger and possession of drugs, but in connection with the ongoing investigation, she can be charged with additional charges, as told to district attorney Marianne Lynch of Bangor.

At this point the mother was released on bail.